COVID-19 Update:Effective March 24, 2020, we will be suspending all clinic therapy sessions. SPOT On Therapy for Kids is committed to making your child’s and our staff’s health and safety a priority, as well as doing our part in preventing the spread of the COVID-19 virus. We will notify you when we resume therapy visits at our clinic. In the meantime, we are offering alternative treatment options, including teletherapy. Kids love online face to face therapy…and parents do too! Let’s keep kids working on his/her therapy goals from the comfort of home! Please discuss alternate treatment options directly with your child’s therapist(s). Thank you for your support and understanding during this extremely difficult and uncertain time. Praying for everyone’s health and safety.
As you are aware, COVID-19/coronavirus concerns have caused many schools and businesses around us to close. Until there is an immediate concern in our area, SPOT On and Wiles Therapy for Kids will remain OPEN. We are taking the spread of COVID-19 very seriously. We are depending on the guidance of the local health department and the CDC in our decisions at this time. *Teletherapy options are available for those patients who would be appropriate for that means, please discuss this directly with your treating therapist.
Our staff is following the guidelines as set out by the Centers for Disease Control. We ask that:
- Parents and children refrain from coming to our facility if they have any symptoms such as fever, cough, or shortness of breath. We ask that they not enter until they are well and have been without symptoms for a minimum of 48 hours. Please seek medical care as needed
- Parents and children to refrain from coming to our facility for two weeks after traveling outside of the country (especially if travel has been to China, Iran, Italy, Japan or South Korea)
We have implemented clinical policies to create and maintain an environment that is safe and carries a low risk of transmission:
- We are sanitizing all surfaces and equipment daily after individual sessions including door handles and light switches
- We are taking the added precautions of cleaning hard surfaces in the waiting room area every two hours since this is a high traffic area
- Therapists with patients at the clinic are beginning every session washing hands for at least 20 seconds and washing again before they leave
- We have made hand sanitizer readily available in every room throughout our facility and are encouraging frequent use
- As you are aware, the majority of our treatment sessions are conducted in private treatment rooms with limited exposure to others
- For those family members who do not want to wait in a busy waiting room during this time, a staff member will accompany your child to and from your car if desired. If you choose this option you will need to text your therapist in advance to let them know. Your child’s therapist will return him/her to your car 5 min prior to the end of the appointment to update you on the session
We are closely monitoring the situation and our top priority is always the safety of your family, children, and our employees.
*If you should fall ill with even a common cold, we ask that you call our office and either reschedule your appointment or ask about teletherapy services. Teletherapy is face-to-face therapy using a computer application over the internet. By using teletherapy, your child’s therapist can continue to maintain progress even during illness.
SPOT On Therapy for Kids